Sunday, July 8, 2012

PIO

This morning, my hubby gave me my first progesteron in oil (PIO) shot.  I iced my butt, well, the top of my butt actually, for about 5 minutes.  I was a little nervous.  Needles don't really freak me out, but this one is 1.5 inches long and is 22 gauge.  Have a looksy...


I put a penny by the needles so you can see how big they really are.  The one not attached to the syringe is the one I use to draw the PIO up from the bottle.  Thank God I don't have to use that one to inject!!

So, all in all, I only felt a tiny prick and it was done.  Brad did a great job.  Thanks, hunny!  It was really painless, thanks to icing my butt.  I rubbed it for a minute or two to try to avoid the knots that sometimes can form by the oil not disbursing.  Now, it's been about 2 hours since the shot and I am tender back there.  I can't imagine how my butt is going to feel doing these shots daily for the next 8-12 weeks WHEN one of the little embies sticks on Wednesday!!  Positive thoughts, right!?  It will all be totally worth it when G&M see the face of their new little bundle of joy for the first time!!!!

No comments: