Friday, August 7, 2015

Beta is IN

Happy Friday all!!  I had to go in for bloodwork to check my beta (pregnancy hormone level) this morning.  I had a pretty good feeling, since the home tests were coming out positive.  I (im)patiently waited until later this afternoon before I received a call from the clinic.  She congratulated us and said that we were indeed pregnant.  My beta number is 1330!  This is a pretty awesome number.  With it being so high, that could possibly mean twins.  We will have the first ultrasound in 2 weeks and find out for sure.  S&G are on their way to becoming parents!!  How exciting!!  Please continue praying and sending happy thoughts to the little one(s) baking and his/her mom and pop!

Another exciting thing is that my hubby is gone for the weekend.  He is the one who does my PIO injections each evening...aka, the big dawgs!  I had tried before to do it myself and always chickened out.  I had a nurse friend who very kindly offered to do it for me.  I told her I would try it one more time and then if I couldn't do it, that I'd let her know I needed her help.  It took a few minutes of psyching up and I did it!  It wasn't bad at all!  I was so happy I did it myself.  :)

No comments: