Monday, April 15, 2013

3 weeks post-partum

Three weeks has gone by so quickly.  Baby D is gaining weight well and is as adorable as ever!  G sent some new pictures a day or so ago.  I'm sad to be going back to work tomorrow.  I'm definitely healed well enough to go, just don't want to.  And for anyone with concerns of me going back so soon, my doctor is okay with me going back before the normal 6 weeks.  I just sit at my cushy desk job anyway.  :)  I'm emotionally/mentally stable and healing well.  I honestly don't feel like I had a baby 3 weeks ago.  I feel really great. 

I swear my outlook on life is slightly different after going through this journey.  I can't really explain it, though it's for the better.  Seeing G&M's absolute raw emotion during the birth of Baby D was the most amazing thing I've witnessed in my life.  It is something I will carry in my heart forever.  Some people have asked if we will do another surrogacy.  Depending on how things work out with my daughter and her feelings about the journey, I (along with my hubby who is in total agreement) would definitely do this again....in a heartbeat, especially if it was for G&M again.  There.  I said it.  ;)

No comments: