Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lots happening

G&M came this last weekend.  They got to meet our kids for the first time.  We went to a museum and aquarium.  I think everyone had a great time.  It was a lot of walking for me.  After the museum, we headed for lunch at Red Robin.  That's a great place for us as a family, (it's so loud) so our kids aren't the main attraction.   Plus, their bottomless fries are delish!  :)

Yesterday, we had our court hearing.  I think we were all a bit nervous.  Court isn't something to take lightly, especially when it's dealing with this sort of thing.  Our judge was fantastic.  He even joked around a bit.  I think he would have signed the order without hearing each of our testimonies.  When the guardian ad litem asked if he wanted to hear them, he slightly shrugged his shoulders and simply said, "sure".  It all worked out in the end though.  :) I'm sure it was a massive weight lifted of G&M's shoulders to have that out of the way.  Now they can take their new little boy home right after leaving the hospital.

Today, I had my last doctor appointment.  I am measuring right at 37 weeks.  Doctor checked me and said I was dilated to 2 cm!  Wow!  I have only been dilated prior to delivery with my first child, not my last three, so this was a surprise.  He said I was still pretty thick though.  Now, I just hope he stays in place until the 25th.  It will be much easier with the kids if we know when he's going to arrive.  Ah, but we all know babies are the ones that make the schedules.  LOL.  I think I freaked G&M out a bit by telling them I was dilated.  They could be here in just over 4 hours by plane, if need be.  Let's all pray that whenever this little guy decides to arrive, that his parents are able to get here in time to witness his birth. 

No comments: