Thursday, March 14, 2013

False Labor?

Boy, after my doctor appointment on Tuesday, contractions were coming quite a bit.  I figured I was just irritated from being checked.  They didn't really go away until Wednesday morning.  I was so exhausted yesterday from not sleeping well.  In the middle of the night, I kept going back and forth in my head about whether to tell G&M to head this way now instead of waiting until Friday. 

By yesterday afternoon, the contractions were coming back.  I was telling Brad about them.  I've never had that many contractions without ending up with a baby.  We decided we needed to tell G&M to head back this way...just in case!  They were more than ready to head on back.  They should actually be in the area late this afternoon.  I will feel extremely foolish if absolutely nothing happens before our induction date of 3/25 though.  They are able to work from here via their computers, so that will help.  I just hope they don't get upset if they are here for over a week before anything happens.  Maybe I was just stressing myself out thinking they may not make here in time and that caused me to contract even more.  Ah, who knows!  He can arrive anytime now!!  :)

I'm feeling better today.  Yesterday, I felt like I had been through hours of actual labor!  I was a zombie at work.  Contractions are tiring!  They are more sporatic today.  I'm thinking it must have been false labor, which I've never had before.  I'm really curious if the contractions thinned me out or dilated me more.  I don't have any more doctor appointments, although I could always make one just to see.  I won't be 38 weeks until Sunday.  I will feel better if he holds out until then at least.  Being 37 weeks just seems early to me, even though it's officially considered full term and only 2 weeks prior to our induction date.  I just want to make sure he's baked all the way!!  LOL.  No need to rush it, baby!

So, now that they will be here very soon, the anticipation is on the rise.  We will twiddle our fingers and wait.  And wait some more. 

No comments: