Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mornings

I know I've mentioned before about not being a morning person.  Having to do my shots in the morning make that even more evident.  Hubby's alarm goes off.  I'm a light sleeper, so I partially wake as well.  He gets up, goes to the freezer and removes the large ice pack.  He comes back into the bedroom and waits for me to stretch, grunt and whine while I roll over onto my back.  Did I mention I don't like to be woken up??  He hands me the ice pack.  I put it under the opposite side of my tush that got the shot yesterday morning.  He leaves the bedroom again.  I fall back asleep. 

The door opens once again about 5-7 minutes later and he turns his bedside lamp on.  This is when I have to wake up (again) and flip over onto my stomach, grunting and whimpering about my sore tatas the whole time.  He gives me my shots while I am lying down instead of standing.  I find it keeps my muscle from tensing up so much.  He proceeds to wipe the area with an alcohol pad and poke with this finger to find the right place.  Then, calm, slow breathes and...POKE!  Some days I truly can't feel it at all.  Others, umm, yes, it hurts and I wince and try not to cuss!  My left side has hurt for a couple weeks.  I think he hit a nerve one time.  It's extremely tender.  I tend to do a couple shots in a row on my right and then one on the left, because it hurts so much.  Only like 5 more weeks of these nice 1.5 inch needles getting "jammed" into my hiney every morning!  Yay!  :)

Oh, second ultrasound tomorrow!!  Praying to see one beautiful flicker of a heartbeat on that screen!

No comments: