Thursday, August 16, 2012

2nd U/S

I had my second ultrasound this morning.  I was nervous, like always.  You just never know what you are going to see on that screen.  She began and I immediately saw the heartbeat flickering!  I was so relieved!!  It was beating at 155 beats per minute.  That's a nice, strong heartbeat.  Now, remember the sac was measuring 3 days behind what the clinic said it should be.  Well, not any longer.  It is measuring right at 7 weeks 4 days, with a due date of 3/31/13!!!  YAY!!  I'm so thrilled for G&M! 

The tech did see a small subchorionic hemorrhage (SCH) but didn't seem concerned.  I've never had one before.  She said most just get absorbed by the body and others just have a bit of bleeding.  I haven't had any bleeding/spotting yet and I'm praying it stays that way. 

So, our journey keeps moving forward.  I'm grateful for G&M for being so supportive, even though they are soooo far away!  I wish they could have been here today.  I am truly blessed to have them in our lives.  Please say a little prayer that all keeps going well for lil baby and me, but most of all, for strength and faith for G&M to be able to endure this journey from a distance.  I know it can't be easy.  I keep them updated as much as possible.  This lil tater is theirs, after all!!  :)  I just can't wait to give him/her back.  I truly dream of that moment.

1 comment:

HaskinsHouse said...

wow, our journeys seem to be mimicking each other with a few differences. My SCH has caused bleeding and sometimes severe. I'm now on bedrest until the doc is comfortable with it. SO glad you have a solid heartrate. Fantastic.