Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Screening

My hubby and I went to Chicago to FCI for our psychological screening and my medical screening. We got to meet Dr. Kaplan.  He's so extremely kind and quite funny.  He performed the sonohysterography.   It didn't take long at all, maybe 1-2 minutes.  As he was looking at the ultrasound monitor, he said, "Your uterus is beautiful, absolutely beautiful!".  LOL, that's not something you hear every day!  It was such a relief though.  You never know what could be going on in there.  Dr. Kaplan is a very well known and highly successful fertility doctor.  He helped Bill and Guiliana Rancic have their baby via surrogacy.  Small world!!

After all that, we had our bloodwork done - 3 vials from Brad and 9 from me.  We then met with the psychologist.  I believe all that went well.  I then had to take the MMPI....a 344 question test to assess my psychological state.  It's full of strange questions to see if I think people are stealing my thoughts or are out to get me or if I'm suicidal.  Yeah.  Interesting, to say the least.

As of right now, we are looking at a possible early summer transfer.  S&G will decide later if they would like to do a fresh or frozen transfer.  The success rate is the exact same, as long as the donor is young.  I was reading over all the information we received tonight.  It gets me all excited!!  I can't wait to begin all this again!

No comments: