Monday, February 2, 2015

Meeting

On Saturday, my hubby and I drove 3.5 hours to Chicago to meet S&G before they headed back home.  Wow!  Driving in Chicago is something else!  We live in a very rural town where you only have to worry about getting stuck behind a tractor or Amish buggy.  I'm so glad Brad drove.  I don't think I could have done it without having a panic attack!  Traffic, traffic and more traffic...and they just cut you off and don't use their blinkers.  We have to go back on the 12th (tentatively) for our psych and medical evaluations at the clinic.  It is an early morning appointment, so we will be heading down the night before and staying in a hotel.  

We had a very nice lunch and chatted for a couple hours.  I think all went well.  They seem to be such wonderful, down to earth people.  I hope they liked us as well!  They are having to use an egg donor, as they found out they are unable to retrieve any eggs from S.  :(   S did say that the one they really like is currently in a cycle for someone else.  She will be available again in May.  That would put us in a June or July transfer range.  That seems like a long time to wait, but then I think of how long THEY have waited for this.  I know I can handle the wait just fine.  This will just give us more time to get to know each other and feel more comfortable with each other and the entire process.  :)

No comments: