Tuesday, October 30, 2012

18 Weeks

I just want to send out a quick prayer request for G&M and their families out east with disastrous tropical storm Sandy.  They are right in it as I type this.  I hope they are okay and safe!  Please say a quick prayer for them and all those dealing with this amazing natural tragedy.

Wow, 18 weeks!  I can't believe we are almost half way through the pregnancy!  I have been feeling great.  I'm just starting to show, finally!  Well, depending on what shirt I'm wearing anyway.  LOL!  I've put off my cake making until after the pregnancy.  Working on my cakes is stressful and really irritates my sciatic nerve...so it's a big pain in the butt, literally!  :) 

I've also had to remind myself to not cross my legs.  Doing so makes my pubic bone hurt.  TMI, yes, sorry!  I had Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction with my last 2 pregnancies.  This is when your pubic bone starts to separate.  It is extremely painful to walk (especially up steps), get into a taller vehicle, roll over in bed or even put pants on, basically any act that causes your legs/knees to separate.  It was greatly relieved by seeing my wonderful chiropractor while pregnant with my last child.  I actually barely noticed it last time.  I'm hoping it's the same way for this one.  It's all most likely due to the fact that my last 3 kids were all over 9 pounds, almost 10.

Halloween is tomorrow.  I love this holiday.  The kids carved their pumpkins last night.  We will have a red Power Ranger, Mario (Super Mario Bros) and either a chicken or Tigger for trick or treating.  The teenager said she's going, too, but not dressing up.  I told her I wouldn't hand candy over to some old kids not even dressed up if they showed up at my door.  We will see what she comes up with.  My 6 year old is on the Halloween committee at school.  I said I would make some type of jello for him to take.   I'm actually making jello worms!  I saw the idea on Pinterest, of course!  We will see how they turn out tonight.  They are actually in the fridge setting up right now.  I hope they work, otherwise I will have to get more jello to make jigglers or something.  Have a Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments: