Monday, June 20, 2011

Comment or no comment?

"It's your decision" and "You are the one that's going to have to live with it".  That was what I was told yesterday.  Nice, huh?  Yes, it is my decision and my mind is made up (has been for a few years).  Yes, I will live with and take pride in knowing I had a magnificent role in helping make a couple a family.  I would have loved your support, but see that it just isn't going to happen. 

It's all fine and dandy when people tell me their views on surrogacy, good or not-so-good.  However, don't try belittleing me and telling me the surrogacy is going to ruin my life, my family and my marriage.  I will not, under any circumstances, try to sway your views after this.  If it happens, it happens.  (I can always hope, right?)  How are you going to react towards me when I am actually pregnant? 

In my heart, I knew this would happen, but had honestly hoped for the opposite.  You are not going to TRY to drain my happiness and excitement any longer.  If you try, I will simply walk away.  I don't need that feeling of disapproval and almost, dare I say it, disgust being vented towards me when I'm doing something that I'm so extremely passionate about.  Parental support would have seemed like a natural thing, especially when it's making your child happy.

Deep cleansing breath!  In and out!  Okay, moving on...

No comments: